BUSINESS MANAGER BOB WARD
We would like to thank all the speakers who were able to help put this very informative seminar together. We are glad to have welcomed Ultra Estate Planning aboard as well, a new partnership recently formed in the previous month who were able to be a quick addition to this event. We know that our members truly appreciate this opportunity to talk with these speakers and gain insight as to what is needed, and leave feel more prepared. For additional information, you can visit our website for these entities’ contact information. We hope to bring this class back again in the coming years.
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP PICNIC – SATURDAY 9/30/2023
We held our last in person meeting on August 16th and were able to go over the last-minute details of the picnic. Many of the sponsorship letters we mailed out back in May have been received well and we have prizes stacking up here in the hall. We hope to see all of you at our picnic this year on September 30th starting at 10:30 AM at the Hagan Community Park. We would like to thank in advance all the volunteers for their dedication and time put into making this a successful event.
NEW MEMBER ORIENTATION
Notices have been mailed to those who did not attend the July class. Our next scheduled class is set for October 10th here at the hall starting at 5 PM. We encourage you to bring your spouse/significant others as this is a very informative class. Please mark your calendars and be sure to attend. We will be emailing reminders a week prior as well.
NEBF – RETIREE TEMPORARY RETURN TO WORK NOTICE
To help with the Journeyman Inside Wireman and Sound & Communication Installer manpower shortage that all IBEW Locals are experiencing, NEBF has once again changed the working rules for Retirees. If you are currently retired and would like to go back to work for about 3 months or perhaps take some short calls, this temporary Return to Work Amendment changes the suspension rules for certain eligible retirees. Following are the features of the amendment:
- The temporary amendment is effective from January 1, 2023 through December 31, 2023.
- All normal and early retirees with a pension effective date of December 2018 or earlier will be permitted to return to covered and contributory employment only and will be permitted to work for up to 600 hours during the above period without a loss of NEBF benefits. This amendment applies only to the NEBF Plan. (In order to receive benefits from other funds it will depend on the rules of those funds.)
- Once an individual has worked for 600 hours in covered and contributory employment during the term of the temporary amendment, the individual will no longer be able to take advantage of this amendment and the normal rules (permitting work in the electrical industry for less than forty (40) hours per month without a suspension of benefits) will apply.
- Disability pensioners are not eligible (the existing rules applicable to disabled pensioners remain in effect).
- Only retirees who return to NEBF covered and contributory employment will be able to take advantage of this amendment – this amendment will not apply to persons who work for covered employers where no NEBF contributions are required or to persons who work for non-covered employers in the electrical industry.
Retired member Leonard Witt card no. D184435 recently passed. He was a 62-year member and 89 years of age.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of those recently passed.
Monday, September 4th – Labor Day
Friday, November 10th – Veteran’s Day
Thursday and Friday, November 23rd and 24th – Thanksgiving
Monday, December 25th – Christmas
Monday, January 1st – New Year’s Day
SACRAMENTO MEMBERSHIP MEETINGS – 1st Wednesdays @ 6PM – 10240 Systems Parkway, Sacramento 95827
REDDING UNIT MEETING – 1st Wednesdays
Chico Union Hall @ 5:30 (Odd Months)
Redding Union Hall @ 5:30 (Even Months)
For Northern Area business and then join in the Sacramento meeting @ 6PM via webinar
SOUND & COMMUNICATIONS UNIT MEETING – Quarterly on the 4TH Tuesdays of January, April, July & October at the Hall – NEXT QUARTERLY S&C MEETING Tuesday October 24th @ 5:00PM – Note: Seven (7) members needed to have a quorum.
CIVIL SERVICE UNIT MEETING – Quarterly on the 3RD Thursdays of January, April, July & October at the Hall. NEXT QUARTERLY CIVIL SERVICE MEETING Thursday October 19th @ 5:00PM – Note: Five (5) members needed to have a quorum.