BUSINESS MANAGER BOB WARD
INSIDE WIREMAN ALLOCATION
By the time this reaches you we will have held our Special Called meeting for the Inside Wireman upcoming increase on August 1, 2023. We would like to thank all the members who came out and voted on this increase, your participation is much appreciated. Once documents are proofed, and signatures are acquired the final approved wage sheet will be posted to the website (www.ibewlocal340.org)
Plans are back in motion for this year’s Retiree Seminar. With recent administration changes and adjusting to reporting, we are happy to announce a date is being finalized for this year’s Retiree Seminar. Currently, we are planning for late August/early September. Sufficient notice will be given to those members 55 years and older to attend. As with previous seminars we encourage members to bring their spouses. We are confirming with other entities as well such as Social Security, NEBF, and North West Plan Services (formally K&G). Please keep an eye our for “Save the Dates”.
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP PICNIC – SATURDAY 9/30/2023
We held our first picnic meeting this past May. Thank you for those of you who attended. The next scheduled picnic meeting will be via Zoom on July 13th at 4 pm. A notice will be sent out prior to the meeting. If you are interested in helping the Picnic Committee this year, call Office Manager Reyna Jimenez at 916-539-0412 or email via firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW MEMBER ORIENTATION
The next class will take place on July 11th here at the hall at 5 PM. Notices have been mailed to those members who needed to be scheduled. We encourage spouses to attend as well. An email reminder will be sent out a week prior to the date. Please mark your calendars and be sure to attend this very informative class.
NEBF – RETIREE TEMPORARY RETURN TO WORK NOTICE
To help with the Journeyman Inside Wireman and Sound & Communication Installer manpower shortage that all IBEW Locals are experiencing, NEBF has once again changed the working rules for Retirees. If you are currently retired and would like to go back to work for about 3 months or perhaps take some short calls, this temporary Return to Work Amendment changes the suspension rules for certain eligible retirees. Following are the features of the amendment:
- The temporary amendment is effective from January 1, 2023 through December 31, 2023.
- All normal and early retirees with a pension effective date of December 2018 or earlier will be permitted to return to covered and contributory employment only and will be permitted to work for up to 600 hours during the above period without a loss of NEBF benefits. This amendment applies only to the NEBF Plan. (In order to receive benefits from other funds it will depend on the rules of those funds.)
- Once an individual has worked for 600 hours in covered and contributory employment during the term of the temporary amendment, the individual will no longer be able to take advantage of this amendment and the normal rules (permitting work in the electrical industry for less than forty (40) hours per month without a suspension of benefits) will apply.
- Disability pensioners are not eligible (the existing rules applicable to disabled pensioners remain in effect).
- Only retirees who return to NEBF covered and contributory employment will be able to take advantage of this amendment – this amendment will not apply to persons who work for covered employers where no NEBF contributions are required or to persons who work for non-covered employers in the electrical industry.
Retired member Kenneth Kinder card no. D220529 passed on 2/23/23. He was a 58 year member and 92 years of age.
Retired member William Turner card no. D220353 passed on 4/20/23. He was a 62 year member and 84 years of age.
Active member Ken Redden card no. D472207 passed on 3/30/23. He was a 36 year member and 60 years of age.
Retired member Benjamin Davis card no. D270357 passed on 4/6/23. He was a 50 year member and 90 years of age.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of those recently passed.
Tuesday, July 4th – 4th of July
Monday, September 4th – Labor Day
SACRAMENTO MEMBERSHIP MEETINGS – 1st Wednesdays @ 6PM – 10240 Systems Parkway, Sacramento 95827
REDDING UNIT MEETING – 1st Wednesdays
Chico Union Hall @ 5:30 (Odd Months)
Redding Union Hall @ 5:30 (Even Months)
For Northern Area business and then join in the Sacramento meeting @ 6PM via webinar
SOUND & COMMUNICATIONS UNIT MEETING – Quarterly on the 4TH Tuesdays of January, April, July & October at the Hall – NEXT QUARTERLY S&C MEETING Tuesday July 25th @ 5:00PM – Note: Seven (7) members needed to have a quorum.
CIVIL SERVICE UNIT MEETING – Quarterly on the 3RD Thursdays of January, April, July & October at the Hall. NEXT QUARTERLY CIVIL SERVICE MEETING Thursday July 20th @ 5:00PM – Note: Five (5) members needed to have a quorum.